Sunday, November 25, 2012

I am Thankful

The turkey has been eaten, the pies are all gone, and out come the Christmas trees and decorations.  It seems like yesterday it was fall, now the snow is starting to fall!  On the eve of the last day of Thanksgiving Recess, I pull out my lesson plans, and start to fill in the blanks I have left to fill.  Last week was crazy! Getting ready for Thanksgiving, finishing the essays, meeting with parents for conferences.  It seemed like one thing after another, but it was a really good week.  It was so great talking with parents about their children.  I had such a good time talking with the kids about their essays, and listening to them read!  It was busy, but fun!

But I can't help but to wonder....how did the "I am Thankful" essays go over?  Did anyone read them to their families during their meal, or did they chicken out?  I am looking forward to tomorrow just so I can hear all about them!

Also, don't forget!  This Wednesday we are going on our field trip to Helmer's Nature Center!  We had so much fun last year, and I am sure the kids are going to have a great experience this year as well.  We will be back in time for lunch in the cafeteria, so they can buy if they want to.  Part of the field trip will be outside, so please have your child dress for the weather!  Let me know if you have any questions!

Have a great week!

Mrs. Burns  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment